From Compsci.ca Wiki
NOTE: This page details a proof of concept exploit of the LanSchool program which no longer works (since versions 7.0 and up). CompSci.ca and Hacker Dan do not support, condone or recommend the use of it in real life (So don't send us e-mails asking how to get it working or how to hack your schools network). Also since this exploit was found and LanSchooled was created, LanSchool has fixed the potential security hole described on this page. CompSci.ca and Hacker Dan will not help you exploit new versions of the software so do not e-mail us asking how. All information is provided as is and is the sole option of Hacker Dan and we are by no means responsible for how you use it or the effects it may have on you, your computer or anything that happens to you as a result of reading this page or using the software on and linked to from it.
Disclaimer: The content of this page is only the opinion of Hacker Dan and those who edit its content. Nothing on this page should be taken as fact with out checking the validity of the claim.
- Yeah, so um I tried it dan and - no it didn't work.
- I checked up what my school computers were using and it was indeed an actual novell client -.- :http://download.novell.com/SummaryFree.jsp?buildid=l1o2uFAj23U
- http://www.aarondm.ath.cx/images/novell_client.jpg <- Screenshot
- --Amailer 11:01, 25 February 2006 (PST)
- The novell network client has nothing to do with lanschool (tho on old ones i think they incuded it with it) nor is it a uniltiy like lanschool. At best hacking it whould get you other peoleops files, free printing and maybe some limited admin controls.
- --Hacker Dan 12:04, 25 February 2006 (PST)
Regarding the legal threat
- I suppose we should emphasis that newer versions of LanSchool do not have the described security flaw. We should also describe the event of the legal threat. --rizzix
- I have done this to some extenet, if you think it needs more info feal free to add and edit.