From Compsci.ca Wiki
|Line 117:||Line 117:|
'''Location:''' Thunder Bay, Ontario
'''Location:''' Thunder Bay, Ontario
Revision as of 23:22, 7 December 2009
Who is Hacker Dan?
Hacker Dan is one of CompSci.ca administrators. Together with Tony, the admin duo keeps things in order. Dan is in charge of maintaing the site and keeping order as well as helping to set policy with the help of Tony and the CompSci.ca Board of Directors. Dan is also in charge of the secuity of the site, and if need be, defending it from the enemies at the gate (or others that would try to harm us).
Hacker Dan is believed to be one of the CompSci Gods and holds the power for the Book of Typos AKA The Old Dictionary of Dan. It is rummered that he got his cyborgo face in a battle with Bill Gates and his M$ Pirates, though on the upside, it seems to give him more powers like shooting laser beams out his cyborg eye.
The next verson of CompSci.ca.
The DWITE judge and front end need to be updated and more features added.
Python game server and client framework. Still in eraly devlopment.
Dead or Done
CompSci.ca will be taking over the DWITE progaming contest in either the 2007/2008 school year. The old DWITE site can be found at http://www.dwite.ca and CompSci.ca will be remaking it all with a new front and bank end.
The next verson of CompSci.ca. See v3.
This project now in matince phase and is live.
This project is now dead and we have moved back to affternet irc server. However i am still the owner of the #compsci.ca channel.
The Gaea Project
WiFi For LU
I am working on geting Wi-Fi internet access in Lakehead Univserity. The persendt of LU blives WiFi to be dangures and that it will harm peoleop in the long run. I strong disagrea and am trying to get WiFi at least installed in LUSU spaces such as the Outpost.
This project is now dead, i gave up.
Update: The outpost has wifi, yay!
Web Cams of the World
A cloection of webcams from all over the world and placed on a google map system. Fun way to see the world from your home. Curently in beta and is slowy geting more cams and bug fixes. Can be found at www.HackerDan.com for now.
This project is now dead, no one understood it, sadly.
CompSci.ca themed RPG or MMORPG
Making a online RPG game based on the charitchers in the comic.compsci.ca site and the users of compsci.ca.
Currently i am working on the art for such a project.
I am one of the administrators of CompSci.ca. I have been runing and maintaining it for about 4~5 years (too lazy to look it up right now). I have been progamming for about 13~14 years now and am very intrested in computer security matters as well as metaphysics and other philosophical matters. I am well versed in many langues and topics of computer science and am currently majoring in it at Lakehead University (in Thunder Bay). As you can probably see from this profile, my spelling is not the best, but if you have a problem with this, there are many other sites on the net you can go to that will match your spelling needs.
Ever notice Hacker Dan's spelling? Seems a bit off? Well that's only beacuse it is not English he speaks, rather Hacker Danish, a mystical language known only to a select few. The only documents relating to this language known to be in existance are the Old Dictionary of Dan and the New Dictionary of Dan. Unfortunately the Old book was lost due to a dimensional rift serveral 1000 years ago. The New book is an attempt to reconstruct the old. More info can be found on Hacker Danish and the Books on the Dictionary of Dan page.
What is realy up with the spelling?
Likes & Dislikes
- Anime - NGE, Lain, and .Hack// best.
- Programming - Java, C, CPP, Ruby and more.
- Coke but Sobe best.
- Nintendo, Wii
- wifi - Even if it will kill us all, it still provides hours of fun.
- Popcorn - Especially flavoured kinds.
- Linux - Gotta love Tux, Gentoo
- Open Source
- Lakehead University - Thunder Bay, although not always the people in it.
- LUSU - And some times all of Lakehead.
- Free Speech, Civil Rights and Human Rights
- Anyone using 1337 Speak, the "word" pwned or noob more then once per day.
- Microsoft - And their little Xbox too.
- Grammar and Spelling natzis
Real Name: Dan
Speaks: Hacker Danish, English (some times)
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
- University (2004 - presnt) - Lakehead University
- Canadian Water Network(Summer 2005) - Assistance Programer, worked on a CMS in ruby on rails, curenting and improving php scripts to ruby, election systems, GPS maping and other programing and web devlopment work.
- Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce (Summer 2006) - Technology Officer, worked on devloping, mainting and proving suport for all aspects of the Thunder Bay NOW project.
- GSoC (Summer 2008[now/current]) - Student working with Moodle open source project (to make two grade report plug-ins).
"I call it Danish."
"[Talking about coke] I call it black gold."
"Will code for food!!"
Avatars and Pics
You can set my curent avatar!!! More info at Set Dans Avatar.